In order to be eligible for our program, you, the Applicant, must meet all of the following requirements:
–Either (a) currently work remotely or have the ability to work remotely full-time at a business based outside of West Virginia (proof of full-time employment as determined by current employer will be required) or (b) be self employed outside of West Virginia (with a business that is capable of being managed remotely).
–Provide evidence of employment and income prior to acceptance into the Beckley Program (examples of acceptable documents include your most recent paystub or previous year’s tax documents with SSN and any other sensitive information redacted).
–Have the ability to relocate to the areas as designated by the Beckley Remote Program within 6 (six) months of notification of acceptance.
–Be 18 years or older.
–Reside full time outside of West Virginia and be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder (proof of residency outside of West Virginia at time of application will be required; proof of citizenship or Green Card status may be requested; the Beckley Remote Program cannot aid an Applicant in the attainment of citizenship).
By submitting an application you confirm you have read, and meet, the eligibility requirements.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an application to the Beckley Remote Program, administrated by the City of Beckley, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
(1) Applicants selected to relocate to West Virginia under the Program (“Recipients”) and who comply with the Program Terms and Conditions and (a) relocate within six (6) months of notification of selection; (b) will be required to sign and abide by a “Program Contract” (the “Agreement”); (c) will receive $5,000.00 (“Program Incentive”) payable over 24 (twenty-four) months as described on the “Offer Page”, among other incentives, as further defined in the Agreement; (d) be required to abide by all Program Terms and Conditions, including anti-harassment policies; and (e) continue to meet and abide by the Program eligibility requirements. Recipients are solely responsible for any taxes associated with payment by the Beckley Remote for relocation to West Virginia.
(2) Only one application per person. Certain applicants will be notified via email that they are selected by Program officials for an interview conducted virtually or by other means as appropriate. Participation in such interview is a condition of potentially being selected as a Recipient.
(3) “Program Terms and Conditions” means (a) these Program terms, (b) the terms of the Beckley Remote Worker Program Contract, (c) all policies and procedures published in any manner by the Beckley Remote Program, and (d) any other terms and conditions imposed by the Beckley Remote Program and/or the City of Beckley and Beckley-Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce relating to the Program.
(4) By completing and submitting an application, you: (a) represent and warrant that (i) you have read, and agree to be bound by, the Program Terms and Conditions; (ii) you are eligible to apply for the Program, (iii) you certify that all of the information provided as part of your application is accurate and complete; and (iv) you are not already in the process of relocating to West Virginia at the time of your application; (b) consent to the use of your name and/or likeness by City of Beckley and Beckley Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce and its Beckley Remote Program for promotional purposes (whether online, in print or through any other media now known or hereafter developed), without additional compensation or authorization unless prohibited by law; (c) agree (i) to be bound by the interpretation of the Program Terms and Conditions made by City of Beckley and Beckley Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce and its Beckley Remote Program (ii) the Beckley Remote Program are final in all matters relating to the Program, and (iii) the Beckley Remote Program has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this application; (d) agree that THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT; (e) agree that submitting an application does not entitle you to any incentive or consideration whatsoever and that an Beckley Remote Worker Program Contract must be signed between you and City of Beckley and Beckley Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce and its Beckley Remote Program before any Program Incentive payments will be made; (f) agree that statements or information furnished on this application are subject to verification and agree to furnish supporting documents or information when so requested, including names, addresses and phone numbers (if known) of officials or other individuals who can substantiate the content of the application; (g) agree that intentional misstatements or falsification may result in disqualification of consideration from the Program; (h) agree that the Beckley Remote Program reserves the right to require a confidential background check (i) to help ensure that the use of any Recipients in advertising or publicity for the Beckley Remote Program will not bring City of Beckley, Beckley Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce, the Beckley Remote Program, or the State of West Virginia into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Beckley Remote Program, as determined by the Beckley Remote Program in its sole and absolute discretion, and (ii) to further validate that the selection of any Recipient to relocate to West Virginia will not violate applicable U.S. or State laws or regulations; and (i) agree to release and hold harmless City of Beckley and Beckley Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce,, its respective board members, officers, directors, employees, and agents and affiliates (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation or application in the Program or receipt or use of any incentive, including, but not limited to: (i) any technical errors that may prevent an applicant from submitting an entry; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in the Program; (iii) printing errors; (iv) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail or email; (v) errors in the administration of the Program or the processing of applications; or (vi) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in the application and selection process or being a Recipient in the Program.
(5) If any Recipient has been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor of moral turpitude or the Beckley Remote Program determines in its sole discretion that selection of a Recipient to relocate to West Virginia or use Recipient in advertising might reflect unfavorably on City of Beckley and Beckley Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce and its Beckley Remote Program, the Recipient’s selection for relocation to West Virginia may be revoked.
(6) If attempted notification for an interview or selection as a Recipient is returned as undeliverable and follow-up notification attempts are unsuccessful after 30 days, or if a Recipient is not verified as eligible, selection by the Beckley Remote Program to relocate to West Virginia will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate applicant in the sole discretion of the Beckley Remote Program.
(7) If for any reason the Beckley Remote Program is forced to halt the application process, including lack of funding, pandemic, civil unrest, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Program and application process, City of Beckley and Beckley Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce and its Beckley Remote Program reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, pause or terminate the Program or pending applications to the Beckley Remote Program.
(8) A Recipient’s rights and obligations under the Program are not assignable, transferable or descendible by Recipient. The Program Incentive paid to Recipients is income. No tax withholdings of any kind shall be made and Recipients will receive an IRS Form 1099. It is the responsibility of Recipients to report the income to the appropriate state and federal tax authorities and to pay any taxes due on such income.
(9) City of Beckley, Beckley Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce and its Beckley Remote Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, marital or family status, pregnancy, veteran status, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression.
(10) These Program Terms and Conditions and any resulting Agreement are governed by the laws of the State of West Virginia, with jurisdiction being in a court of competent jurisdiction located in the State of West Virginia.